Welcome Message from the Rev. Doreen Bauld
A wonderful woman, Mrs. Annie Hunter, introduced me to Springdale Church, Toronto. I had contacted Mrs. Hunter because of the very worrying experiences I was having. These experiences had been happening ever since I was a child and was told at that time not to speak of them.
On September 1978 Mrs. Hunter took me to Springdale Church, Toronto, it was very different to the church I had attended all my life but strangely, I felt comfortable. Mrs. Hunter explained to the Pastor, Rev. Dyke, why she had brought me along with her. Rev. Dyke realized I had no idea I had very strong psychic energy and she suggested, actually insisted, I return to this same church the next evening, Monday, where she taught a development class. I was a bit apprehensive about it, but agreed to go. I arrived Monday night, sat in class, and then knew I was HOME.
- Spiritualism is a Science, Philosophy and Religion.
- Spiritualism is based on the Natural Laws.
Man, through time immemorial has wondered who he was and the reason of life itself. Questioning the many different avenues of the source of Creation, he came to the conclusion what was written in holy books, etc was not giving him answers. His desire brought him to realize there had to be something more natural, logical and Spiritualism has been with mankind ever since questioning and reasoning first began.
Spiritualism is based on communication between Spirit entities on the etheric realm and those in the earth plane -many are called mediums ergo the expression 'From Spirit, (the entity). Through Spirit (the medium) we are spirit clothed in a physical body and To Spirit (the visitors or enquirer) again Spirit clothed in a physical body".
Spiritualism is the science, philosophy and religion of continuous life, based upon the demonstrated fact of communication through Mediumship with those who live in the spiritual planes.
- It is a Philosophy because it studies the Laws of Nature both on the seen and unseen sides of life.
- It is a Science because it investigates, analyzes and classifies facts and manifestations demonstrated from the Spirit side of life.
- It is a Religion; it shows the connections comply with the Physical, Mental and Spiritual Laws of Nature.
- Spiritualists have proven, through evidence, that the human personality and Spirit survives physical death and communicates with those on the earth plane of existence.